Which Chloraseptic® product is right for you? Find fast sore throat relief
Total Wild Cherry Lozenges
Total Wild Cherry Lozenges
Quickly relieve your sore throat pain and cough with a Wild Cherry, Multi Symptom Formula lozenge.
- Provides fast-acting relief of sore throat and mouth pain
- Total multi-symptom formula with an extra soothing liquid center - relieves pain, suppresses cough up to 4 hours and cools nasal passages
Chloraseptic® lozenges contain benzocaine which temporarily relieves minor irritation, pain, sore mouth and throat. Chloraseptic®, when used as directed, provides safe, effective and fast relief.**
**Note: Please refer to the WARNINGS provided below for important information on the safe use of benzocaine containing oral care products.
For the temporary relief of:
- Occasional minor irritation, pain, sore mouth and sore throat
- Cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold
Adults and children over 12 years of age:
- 2 lozenges every 4 hours - not to exceed 12 lozenges every 24 hours
- Children 6-12 years old: 1 lozenge every 4 hours - not to exceed 6 lozenges every 24 hours.
- Children under 6 years of age: consult a doctor
- Store at room temperature
- Protect from moisture
- Check expiration date before using
- Tamper-Evident: Do not use if blister package with "Chloraseptic®" name has been disturbed or opened.
Ingredient - Purpose
Benzocaine 6mg - Oral Anesthetic / Analgesic
Dextromethorphan HBR 5mg - Cough Suppressant Oral Anesthetic / Analgesic
Menthol 10mg - Cough Suppressant Oral Anesthetic / Analgesic
Ascorbic acid, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, flavor, isomalt, maltitol, mono-ammonium glycyrrhizinate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium ascorbate, sodium bicarbonate, sucralose
Methemoglobinemia warning: Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in the blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
Allergy Alert: Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics.
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult a doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 6 years of age unless directed by a doctor.
Do not use:
- this product if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you are uncertain whether your prescription drug contains an MAOI, consult a health care professional before taking this product.
- this product for persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema, or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucous) unless directed by a doctor.
When using this product: do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a dentist or doctor if:
- Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- Irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
- Swelling, rash or fever develops
- Cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by high fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose or accidental poisoning, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.